Monday, March 20, 2017

Happy Spring!

Happy Monday and happy Spring, everyone! I was up a little on the scale this morning, but still down for the month so far, including a week of vacation. I wasn't 100% on plan all week of vacation, but think I did pretty well. Did have a glass of wine with my daughter Wednesday night and a couple of low carb beers Saturday night with friends. Other than that, I ate and drank what I was supposed to all week. I'm sure that little bounce up is from the beer. 

I plan on at least 3 walks this week, but will try to get them done in the mornings - highs in the mid to upper 80s here this week already. UGH! Tom and I will walk today around 11 a.m. before it's too miserable out.

The week of vacation was wonderful. Tuesday, Brooks, my daughter, my niece, and I went to visit my parents and sister for a few hours. I went to Let it Be (Beatles Broadway touring production) with Chloe Wednesday night, which was amazing! It really felt like we were seeing the actual band live. Thursday, I took Chloe to lunch and then shopping for her first official business clothes. She has mock interviews in one of her classes this week, so we bought her a suit, top and nice heels. Then Friday, I took Thomas shopping for several hours. We both got haircuts, had lunch, and had a great time shopping. Saturday I spent a few hours cleaning up my flower beds and planting some seeds, and Brooks and I had a great time hanging out with our best friends Saturday night. My week of vacation was the perfect balance of spending time with each kid, my family, and our friends plus some good old fashioned relaxing. 

What a great end to my vacation week, too - I slept almost 10 hours last night. I've had on and off insomnia issues for many years, so that was a great way to finish up my rest and be ready to tackle the week. 

Good news is my niece got a full time job RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR NEIGHBORHOOD! It's maybe a half mile walk, and I'm happy to drive her if it's raining or super hot. She works at Pizza Hut just on Fridays and Saturdays for the next 3 weeks, so I can certainly manage those few rides. Her new job pays almost $2 an hour more, too! She will start paying us rent on May 1st. 

Overall, I am feeling great! Now off to work - I have dozens of emails to get through since I was out all last week. I'm sure work will keep me extra busy this week.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a wonderful vacation, and yay for your niece getting a job that's close by! All things good, right? It's a beautiful spring day here in south Texas but like you, we will be in the 80s all week. Too soon for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my first jobs was Pizza Hut. :) She should be able to get more hours once she is trained. I learned how to do a few different jobs (cook, cashier, cutting table, etc.).

    ReplyDelete