Thursday, April 20, 2017

April Already?

Hey, my old friends! I've been low carb on and off for many years, back on calorie counting and weighing food, on the autoimmune protocol, then stop worrying about what I'm eating. Over and over again. I don't know why I'm having so much trouble sticking to one thing!

I started this journey December of 2014 at 265 pounds. I lost 29 pounds in 2015 and around 26 pounds in 2016. So far in 2017? Nada. I'm where I was in September 2016, just bouncing up and down with the same 5 pounds. I am thrilled I haven't regained more than a few pounds of the 55ish I've lost, but frustrated I haven't been successful in losing anything else for 7 months now. I'm 5'4", so the 209 pounds is still quite a bit over my goal. 

So here I am, starting over for the ten zillionth time, focused on low carb/high fat that I KNOW works for me. That and somewhat regular exercise. I need to get back on the only plan that works for me to lose weight and feel good. 

Dec 2014 - 265
Dec 2015 - 237
Dec 2016 - 206
4/20/17 - 209.4


I haven't seemed to find time to blog much - or I just don't have much to say lately. My life continues to be incredibly busy with work, homeschooling my kid, and managing the household while my husband works and goes to school. I'm just constantly GOING, and I know it's been reflected in my dietary choices. 

The good news is I have FINALLY gotten back into my habit of walking regularly. These past several weeks I have walked a minimum of 4 days each week - often more than that. I can tell a difference, too. I am sleeping better and haven't had as many body aches since I got back into that wonderful habit. Now to keep it up as Texas summer looms closer and closer. So far, we've only gotten a little above 80 degrees a few days, but we know it's coming. Walking's going to have to move to early morning or late evening when it's hotter.

Anyhow, I am here. I am fine. I need to catch up reading all my other friends' blogs this week! Hubby and my oldest daughter both start new jobs next week and will be done with their college semesters soon, so hopefully things will calm down around here just a bit. That, and my niece NO LONGER NEEDS ME FOR RIDES TO WORK! That's a huge burden off my shoulders. She finally got a job at a restaurant right in front of our neighborhood - it's less than a mile from the house. Next, she will start paying us rent and eventually move out of here. 

Overall, I am feeling much better about my hectic crazy life right now. Things seem to be settling and looking up. 






No comments:

Post a Comment